Lasagna is such a wonderful comfort food. It is just so satisfying. Dustin loves pasta so one day during fall semester when I knew I wouldn't be home until late I decided I would try this Crock pot Lasagna recipe and see what became of it. It was delicious! Here was a little bit of the process:
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 (29oz) can of tomato sauce
2 tomatoes, diced
1 pkg. Lasagna noodles, uncooked
16 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
Seasonings of choice: parsley, salt and pepper, oregano, etc.
1. Dice the onion and let it saute in a saucepan over medium heat with about 1 tbsp olive oil. Let the onion cook stirring occasionally until the onion becomes tender.
2. Add the ground beef and brown it. Drain the grease. I usually dab the meat with paper towels too so I get off as much of the grease as I can. Then add the seasonings, diced tomatoes, and the tomato sauce and let it come to a simmer over medium heat.
3. In a separate bowl combine the cottage cheese and shredded mozzarella cheeses together.
Now your layers are ready...
4. Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray and then spread about 1/4 of your meat sauce on the bottom of the crock pot.
5. Now put a layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce layer. You may need to break the lasagna noodles so they fit but don't worry if they overlap in places.
6. Now add about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
7. Repeat these layers so you have 3 total layers and finish with adding the remaining 1/4 of the sauce on the top.
8. Cook on low for about 4 hours and before serving take off the lid and let stand for at least 10 minutes. At this point, add a little bit of shredded mozzarella cheese to the top to melt and form the top.
Crock pot Lasagna!