Monday, November 7, 2011

Raspberry Cheesecake Cake Balls

Cake balls... what a brilliant invention! I love all of the creative culinary minds out in the world because they sure bring me happiness with their creations! I made this recipe for the ward Halloween Party and they were a hit! My costume was an apron and I was going to carry around these cake balls and say I was a baker... well the cake balls didn't last long enough so I simply wore an apron around. :) 
I try to post things on my blog that I think other people might want to make and that I have found aren't too complicated. I am trying to improve my blog and my next post is going to include more pictures throughout the process of making the recipe. So be on the lookout for the improvements!
This recipe is SUPER easy to make and delicious. I mean they are dipped in chocolate so you can't get much better than that. Without further ado here is the recipe!
Raspberry Cheesecake Cake Balls
 The cake:
1 box white cake mix
3 eggs 
1 tsp. raspberry extract
1 cup milk
* Mix together cake mix, eggs, raspberry extract, and milk. Batter will be thick. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 28-32 min. or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely. Crumble cake into small pieces, placing crumbs in a large bowl. (I removed any brown parts of the cake before crumbling.)
Add:
 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup fresh raspberries, mashed. 
*(you can use frozen raspberries just thaw them and squeeze dry)*

* With the back of a spoon, mix together cake crumbles with other ingredients until a thick dough consistency forms. Shape into evenly sized cake balls and cool 1-2 hours in the refrigerator or 20 min. in the freezer. 

* Remove from the fridge or freezer and dip in white melting chocolate. (I added about 1 tbsp. shortening to the chocolate to make it thinner and easier to dip with.) Last of all, top with crushed graham crackers!
Here is the end product! Voila!


*I found this wonderful recipe in the cookbook *"101 Gourmet Cake Bites" by: Wendy Paul.* There are SO many fun cake bites recipes in the book for all occasions. If you like this recipe check out the cookbook!

1 comment:

  1. Nossa, o anthony abriu viu o link no facebook, e ta morrendo aki! Daki a poko vai comer o laptop!! Ta arrazando hein? So coisa gostosa!!!

    ReplyDelete