Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Coleslaw

I tried a recipe for cooked cabbage and I have tried brussel sprouts and I just wasn't too big of a fan but I wanted to try to eat some more cabbage in my diet so I decided trying coleslaw sounded like a good idea especially because Dustin likes coleslaw too. This recipe is supposed to be a KFC imitation but it seemed a little bit more juicy. Which is good because then you can just toss the coleslaw and not have the sauce be too thick and globby... so if you like that in a coleslaw then try this one!

KFC Coleslaw
8 cups finely diced cabbage (about 1 head) 
1/4 cup diced carrot 
2 tablespoons minced onions 
1/3 cup granulated sugar 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper 
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise 
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar 
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Finely slice/dice cabbage and carrots. Sit the cabbage on its side so you can finely slice it and then just grate the carrots. Or you could use a food processor to do it all. Then pour the cabbage mixture and stir in the minced onions. In a separate bowl blend together the rest of the ingredients until smooth to make the sauce. Pour the sauce over the cabbage mixture and mix thoroughly. Cover the bowl and let it refrigerate several hours or overnight. Yummm...


Next recipe will be a Buttermilk Caramel Sauce that I made that is SO delicious... it is tasty on ice cream or waffles/french toast. I made it I just need to take a picture and get it posted so stay tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment