Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sweet Poppy seed Coleslaw

I just think this recipe is yummy! My grandma Judy has made it for me a couple times and always said how easy it was but I never did make it until today! I was trying to think of a delicious salad to make and this one came to mind. Grandma Judy was right, it is SUPER simple! So if you are looking for a healthy AND tasty salad that is easy and quick... try this!
Sweet Poppy seed Coleslaw
1 bag of Dole Classic Coleslaw Mix 
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
1 cup Craisins
Approx. 2/3 cup Poppy seed salad dressing. I used "Newman's Own"

Now for the simple part... put the coleslaw in a 2 1/2 quart mixing bowl, add the craisins and the almonds and mix. Then add the poppy seed dressing and mix until well blended. I just added a little bit of dressing at a time and stopped when I felt it was moist enough because some people like more/less dressing in their coleslaw. Then put the lid on the bowl and leave it in the fridge for about 30 minutes and it is ready to eat! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment