For Thanksgiving this year I was able to make the rolls! I used my mother in law's KitchenAid to make them and it made the process super easy! For those who don't have a KitchenAid they are still super easy and taste light and fluffy... just as if a fairy had made them!
AND... best part of all is they only take 10 steps to make. :)
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups hot water
2 tbsp yeast
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Place the room temperature butter in a large mixing bowl. Pour the hot water over the butter so it melts.
2. Add the yeast and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
3. Blend in the eggs.
4. Add in the sugar and the salt and blend together.
5. Add the flour and baking powder and work the mixture until a nice, fluffy dough forms.
6. Cover the dough and let rise until double in size.
7. After it has doubled, roll out on a floured surface (about a 1/2 in. thick) and cut dough into circles. (I used the ring from a Mason Jar).
8. Fold circles in 1/2 to make the shape of the roll and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
9. Let the rolls rise again. A few minutes before you are planning on sticking the rolls in Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
10. Bake the rolls at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. When you take them out brush them with a little butter and... there you have it! Delicious and fluffy rolls in only 10 steps!
Good Luck! Leave a comment if you have any questions!!