Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Buttermilk Caramel Syrup!

This stuff is DELICIOUS! I am so serious. Yummm... if you want something delicious to dip your french toast sticks in... this is perfect... if you want something to drizzle over ice cream or pancakes or anything that needs a good sweet syrup/sauce, then... Try this! I remember the first time I tried it... and yes in that moment I was hooked. I have since seen other variations of the syrup/sauce and this one I like the best of all. Enjoy!






BUTTERMILK CARAMEL SYRUP
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cube of real butter
2 tablespoons light Karo syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Start by using a large/deep pot because it will foam while it is cooking.  
Add the butter to the pan and let it melt on the bottom, then add all of the ingredients into the pot except the vanilla. 
On medium low heat let all of the ingredients come to a soft boil and let it stir pretty much continuously for about 7 minutes or until the syrup turns a golden brown color. At that point add the teaspoon of vanilla and stir it all together. 
Let it cool for a little bit and then you can put it in a container in the fridge to cool completely and it will set up and turn into a beautiful buttermilk caramel sauce! Then whenever you are ready to use some you can warm it up in the microwave or just use it cold. Yummmm... I think I will have some in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment