This trifle was served at our wedding luncheon. For a wedding gift the lady that catered the luncheon gave us a trifle bowl and the recipe to this delicious dessert! Yummm... We have had it quite a few times over the past 2 years because it is chocolate at its finest. Plus it is easy. No need to have any decorating skills just layering skills. So let's get to it!
The Best Brownie Trifle
1 box Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
(Prepared "cake-like" with 3 eggs)
1 large pkg. chocolate Jell-O pudding, prepared and refrigerated
1 large container Cool Whip, thawed
1/2 pkg. Heath toffee bits
* Prepare the brownies as directed on the box and allow to cool completely.
1. Cut up the brownies into one inch cubes and break apart in pan. Place about 1/2 of the brownie cubes on the bottom of the trifle bowl. This is your first layer.
2. Spread 1/2 of the prepared pudding over the brownie cubes.
3. For the third layer, spread 1/2 of the Cool Whip over the pudding.
4. Finally, sprinkle desired amount of toffee bits over the Cool Whip.
* To finish the trifle simply repeat steps 1-4! Voila!
And here I am... eating it!