Tuesday, June 19, 2012

BBQ Meatballs


Just wanted to prove that I still can cook! I was looking back on my previous posts and I haven't posted a main dish since Luke was born... and well, that has been 5 months next week! I am going to do better with that. In fact, I have set a goal to make 2 posts a week for right now. One every Tuesday and one every Thursday. So stay tuned for some delicious recipes to come. :)

These BBQ Meatballs came from The Pioneer Woman. She is an amazing cook and has a great sense of humor. I love reading her blog posts and looking at her cookbooks. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE cookbooks?? But not just any cookbook, the ones with pictures! Yummmm... Well, she takes wonderful looking pictures that make me want to try every last one of her recipes. I have a link up on the top right to her cookbook just so you all can see what I am talking about! If you get the cookbook, you will love it too!
BBQ Meatballs 

FOR MEATBALLS 
1-1/2 pound Ground Beef
3/4 cups Old-fashioned Oats
1 cup Milk
3 Tablespoons Very Finely Minced Onion
1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
Plenty Of Ground Black Pepper, to taste

_____
FOR COOKING MEATBALLS
1 cup All-Purpose Flour (coating For Frozen Meatballs)
Canola Oil

_____
FOR SAUCE
1 cup Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons white vinegar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
4 Tablespoons (to 6 Tablespoons) Onion
 HOW-TO PREPARE
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

* Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.

* After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.

* Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish.

* Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

* Serve with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or crusty French bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment