Baked Spaghetti Pie is the perfect recipe for a crowd. It serves about 12 to 15 people. And I love it for it's cheesy goodness. Yummm... To prove how delicious it is, the first time I made it I couldn't even get a picture taken before it was almost gone! There was only one corner left and so I had to make it again to get a picture of the whole pan. :)
Serve this meal with a green salad on the side and maybe some fruit for dessert and you have a delicious and nutritious meal for a crowd! Enjoy. :)
Baked Spaghetti Pie
1 1/2 lbs. ground sausage
1 large onion
1 32 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup water (I used less water)
1 lb spaghetti, cooked and rinsed
1/2 stick butter
3 eggs beaten
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz grated Parmesan cheese
16 oz cottage cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 11x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Dice onion. Brown sausage and onion in a large frying pan. Drain the grease.
3. Add spaghetti sauce and water. Simmer until thick. (Approx. 20 min.)
4. In a separate large mixing bowl, toss cooked spaghetti with butter, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese until well mixed.
5. Spoon spaghetti and cheese mixture into the bottom of your greased baking dish and press down. Cover with an even layer of cottage cheese. Last, spoon spaghetti sauce on top. Press the sauce down into the noodles. Now poke holes with the bottom of a wooden spoon to get the sauce to go down into the noodles a little bit. (It makes a full pan of spaghetti pie. This helps it all fit in the pan better!)
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with remaining mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake for about 15 more minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Here is one last look!