I am back and ready to highlight one of our favorite family recipes. Baked Tilapia Filets. :) This recipe came from a "Celebrations" cookbook. Apparently it is perfect for the spring season but for us... it is delicious year round! I love to serve it with rice seasoned with parsley, rosemary, basil, and any other seasoning that sounds good and some vegetables. It is so easy and quick so if you are in a hurry and want a delicious, nutritious, and quick meal... this is the meal for you!
Baked Tilapia Filets
3 frozen tilapia filets, thawed
1 cup plain yogurt
(I used one individual cup of Chobani Greek Yogurt)
1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
*Optional: Add any desired seasonings to the crackers or yogurt such as:
rosemary, garlic powder, pepper.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Coat each side of the filet with the yogurt.
3. Now dip each filet and cover with the crushed Ritz crackers.
4. Place each filet on a well-greased baking sheet.
5. Place in the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- The fish is done when white and the crackers will be lightly browned.
6. Done! Now serve with some seasoned rice and vegetables and ENJOY!