Brazilian Chicken Stroganoff
1 large chicken breast, boiled in salted water and shredded
1/2 medium onion, diced in small pieces
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 tomato, diced
1-2 tbsp Ketchup
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tsp cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1. Start boiling water in a medium pot and when the water comes to a boil add the chicken breast and let it cook through until it is all white and then shred the chicken with two forks.
2. In a separate skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and let it warm. Add the diced onion and stir until they soften. Then add the garlic and let the two cook together for a couple minutes.
3. Add the shredded chicken and stir all together. Then add the diced tomato and mix all together.
4. Now add the magic Ketchup ingredient and stir all together.
5. In a measuring cup add the heavy cream and the cornstarch and wisk all together so there are no lumps and then add to the skillet over the chicken mixture. Let it all warm together stirring frequently. When it starts thickening up turn the heat down and add salt and pepper to taste. When you have it the way you want it. Turn off the heat.
This is how it will look in the pan. :)
Serve this delicious stroganoff sauce over cooked rice and Enjoy!!